Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The most religious show on TV....


The Simpsons
No doubt about it. I'll happily loan you my copy of "The Gospel According to the Simpsons." For all the shortcomings the show may have, it nevertheless makes more references to God, Jesus, faith, and the church than any other show. Yep, even more than 7th Heaven. To be sure, the Simpsons are laughably irreverent and make fun of Christianity - but let's be honest, we've earned it. I always enjoy a good chuckle at my own expense (as you know if you've heard me preach).

If you want to read more about the Simpsons' favorite Christian (and a character we probably resemble more than we want to admit), take a peak at this story about Ned Flanders

2 comments:

  1. I love "the Gospel According to the Simpsons". When I was reading it, I thought it would make a really interesting book/video study. I think things like that, and Pastor Chuck's Harry Potter study are a great way to help us think about our faith in new and interesting ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Scott! I've never met anyone else who had that book. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete