Sunday, May 11, 2008

Instant Access

Today was really fun. There wasn't really a planned sermon. I just invited folks to send text messages to me with questions or comments and I tried to answer as many as I could. I had 10 before I even started the sermon.

Some were really funny: "Rank your top 3 biggest sins" (thanks Jeff). In case you missed it, my answer was "1, 2, and 3". I was laughing hard before i even got up for the sermon.

Some were serious: "how would you say that you know God exists to a college student who doesn't believe God exists."

Some were hard: "what does missional mean and are we (as a church) defining it correctly." Of course I referred people to this blog for more information.

Thanks to everyone who submitted questions. Sorry to everyone we couldn't get to. Please feel free to email me, or post them here. We'll do that again some time this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Scott,
    I'm one of the college YL leaders that has been going to the Launch this year. Im back at home now since school is done so I wasn't there on Sunday. However, long story short I'm not sure if your sermon this past sunday tied into the hungry/thirsty series, but I've been thinking about Blood Water Mission lately. I don't know if you have heard about it, but check it out at bloodwatermission.com. Part of the mission is providing clean water to Africa by aiming to build 1,000 wells (and counting, hopefully) among other projects. One way to support the cause is donating whatever money you might spend on coffee or other beverage once a week, month, whatever. I thought it could be a potentially very fitting proposal to a congregation that seems to like it's coffee and is turning a new focus toward international missions. The money could even go somewhere else like China or Myanmar in light of recent events. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Thanks,
    April

    ReplyDelete