Thursday, April 9, 2009

One Car Wednesday (a day late)

So I pedaled my bike to work today. By the way, thanks for the bike, Paul!
Not sure how far it is, but it took my a little over 30 minutes. That's like 25 miles, right?
And while Illinois appears to be quite flat, it turns out that it is uphill the entire way here. That may prove to be the case on the way home as well.

On a side note, the city is busy putting up the PortaPotties around town in anticipation of this weekend's Illinois Marathon. Take my advice and avoid the ones at the corner of Church and State. It's right across the street from my office window. The city worker spent a good deal of time inside one of them being sure it was in good working order.

I wish they were already setting up the refreshment stations for the race. I could use the help on my way home today.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be at 1st and Green on Saturday wearing a stylish yellow traffic vest! I think I'm at a corner that includes entertainment, but no potties. But no worries. In preparation, I stopped drinking last Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be setting up the course at 4am, in case you feel like joining me! Load of fun with tables, cups, gatorade mix, gu, cones, mile marker numbers - really, it's going to be tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be setting up the course at 4am, in case you feel like joining me! Load of fun with tables, cups, gatorade mix, gu, cones, mile marker numbers - really, it's going to be tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You spelled pedalled pedaled.

    ReplyDelete