Sunday, April 26, 2009

A near perfect weekend...

I know I didn't do anything to deserve it. But I'll take it! Especially after last week. But, this was a great weekend. Some "thanks" are in order...

First of all, it was hot and sunny. Thanks, God.

On Friday, I got an invite to fill in for a cancellation at the Young Life Golf Tournament. I got to putz around with Steve Tyler (who let me drive the cart and who had a few good drives of his own with his crafty little 3 wood) and we were matched up with Matt Lammers and Matt's dad. Thanks for the invite Matt! I don't think I hit a fairway all day with my driver, but I had a couple of killer approach shots and played well enough to want to do it again. Matt Lammers can hit a ball about 3 miles. On one of our best holes, a 500+ yard par 5, Matt hit his drive so far that I only needed a 9 iron to hit the green on our second shot.

Then we had our small group on Friday nights. Yep, that's right. Our small group is so rockin that we give up a weekend evening for it. And it's always pretty much the best night of my week. Thanks fluffer uppers!!!

Saturday, I had YMCA football. Always good for a laugh. And met some cool parents whose kid is on our team. Thanks Y!
Then I took the kids to the Illini Spring Game. We were one ticket short and I was trying to find a ticket booth when a dude just handed me a ticket. Thanks dude!

Then we came back home and took Lucy to play in the creek. It was her first time playing in the water and she loved it. Went crazy. Lots of jumping and splashing and laughing. It was really fun. We saw a good dozen big ole carp in the creek! And we caught two teeny little baby turtles, no more than an inch across. They were just floating down the creek. And the ducks were out with their little baby ducklings. (Glad Lucy didn't see them!) Good times at the creek. Thanks, creek!

Then we got to spend Saturday afternoon and evening with some great new friends. They live on a big lake out in Mahomet and there's something about water that just soothes my soul. Eric asked me if I wanted to fish, and yeah I really did want to fish. It's been years. I wasn't expecting to catch anything. But I did. 4 bass and a crappie. The biggest bass was probably 12-14 inches. Not bad. Thanks Eric! And the food was phenomenal, especially the dessert! It would have been awesome if we were sitting in a cave eating it. But we were sitting on the deck overlooking the lake. It was perfect. Best dessert I've had in years. Thanks Jessi.

And then came Sunday. At church we had the SAFE house guys sing for us. One of the guys shared his "spoken word" testimony. Very cool. My kids loved it! When they started, our little man said real loud to Melissa; "Mom, is this black music?" Those fella's even got us Presbyterians to clap! Can you believe it? I love preaching when those guys are there. They say stuff when I make a good point! Thanks guys!

And then after church, I went grocery shopping. And I found everything on the list. And I only had to ask for help once. Thanks ricotta cheese.

All in all...this has been one for the books. Or the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment