Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake, Rattle, and Roll

OK, I am CERTAIN that nobody on the search committee that hired me said ANYTHING about earthquakes here in lovely Illinois.

Snow...yes.
Miles of cornfields...yes
tractor parades....well, no, but it wasn't suprising.
Earthquakes....you've got to be kidding me.


Actually my first thought was this mental image of a farmer rolling out of bed and saying, "Betsy, I think the cows are stampeding."

Funny thing is that I lived in California for 11 years and last night's earthquake was the biggest one I've ever been in.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing eartquakes to us. What's next, smog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew...
    I thought the same thing! The Keebles brought the earthquakes with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Scott,

    I think your down town sermon
    this past Sunday was very good,
    I esp. liked the "earthquake"
    joke. I was sitting next to
    Sally Hutton and we both may have
    made too much noise during your
    sermon :-)

    Did you know that we have a local
    earthquake expert at First Presby?
    Checkout Dr. Tim Larson's info page:
    http://www.isgs.uiuc.edu/about-isgs/staff-dir/l/tlarson.shtml

    ReplyDelete