Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hey Dads...Mother's Day is one week away.

OK Dad's, you're gonna have to trust me on this one.
I've got a great idea for mother's day.

Next Sunday (which would be exactly one week from today), you could amaze your wife with your Generosity by volunteering to teach children's Sunday School. It's a beautiful idea really. Your wife gets to sit and enjoy worship. Your kids get to see you volunteering in church. You get the pleasure of knowing that you are making a difference. The sheer creativity of this simple idea is going to be hard to match.

If the idea sounds great, but totally freaks you out, Barb Buttlar has arranged a very simple video based curriculum that requires minimal prep while producing maximum results! So there really is no reason to not take advantage of this great opportunity. I had several moms come up to today after church and agree that this is really a fantastic idea.

NOTE: This idea is sure to make your wife smile, but should NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE be interpreted as an ALTERNATIVE to your responsibility to also honor the moms in your life through a somewhat more tangible gift!!!

So MAN UP and get it done!
Email me to sign up for this amazing opportunity: scott.keeble@firstchurchchampaign.org

Mom's feel free to forward a link to this article to as many men in the church as you can think of!!!

1 comment:

  1. Vacuuming the house is also a wonderful gift anyday of the year!

    I feel like Mother's Day is already over as both of my sweet boys called me YESTERDAY to wish me a Happy Mother's Day.

    I told them that a phone call next Sunday would be nice, too.

    ReplyDelete