Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ONE CAR WEDNESDAY...

Thought I would dedicate Wednesdays to updating the One car experiment.
This might be the only edition of One Car Wednesday. We'll see.

Rode a bicycle to Barkstall on Sunday morning. It's about 3 miles. I got about a quarter mile away from our house and started cramping. I couldn't breath at the 1/2 mile point. Couldn't see straight at 1 mile. So i stopped at Espresso Royale and got a coffee. Then I biked the last mile or so holding a cup of hot coffee. Somehow, the challenge of holding the cup and the handle bar at the same time took my mind of the agonizing pain in my legs and my lungs. I had to get the custodian to help me off the bike. Thanks Tracy.

Somehow, riding back home was easier. Must have been downhill. Hard to tell here in Illinois.

An unanticipated side benefit of having one car: My wife and I communicate better. Well at least we talk more! Its' either that or whoever wakes up earliest gets the car for the day. But we both prefer sleeping in. So we're actually planning out what we're doing with our days.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe Melissa can remind you when it is Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news is we were on a roll working out a budget and got a ton done. The bad news is at about 9:40 Scott realized he had missed Lost and was not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, because we have three cars does that make us more american or less? Does it matter that the combined age of "my" two is 44 years old? (a 96 accord and a 78 chevy truck)
    Does it help if the truck is red and white w/ a Georgia sticker on it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete