Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Giving it up...

So Lent starts today. I've never been a big fan of giving things up for Lent. (Also never really got into making new year's resolutions). Most years I just decide to give up giving anything up.

But this year, I'm giving it a shot. I'm giving up chocolate and candy. (I hesitate to tell ya'll because I can just imagine a dozen boxes of chocolate showing up at the office tomorrow).

Here's the thing though: the reason for giving something up for Lent is to help us connect with Jesus. The 40 days are Lent are meant to be a time that reminds us of what Jesus gave up for us. And he gave up everything. So I guess if we really get Lent, it's not about giving something up. Its about GETTING something. Its about a getting a deeper connected with Christ.

So...two questions:
1. What are you giving up?
2. How are you "getting" Jesus more?

1 comment: