Monday, March 24, 2008

Get off my lawn you crazy kids...

So my buddy KJ posted some great thoughts on his blog today. You can see it by clicking here . Please check it out because the video is AWESOME. I wish I could sing.

KJ talks in his blog about being "peculiar people." He's right on. I love the idea of our living in such a way as to add "flavor" to the lives of those around us. But remember our peculiarity comes from our living in the upside down values of the Kingdom of God. We just finished a series on the 7 deadly sins vs 7 virtues. And the point wasn't to say, "don't commit these 7 sins." The point was to say, "try shaping your life around these values that are totally at odds with what you see in the world around us. In those upside down values, we might just find that we're tasting our food for the first time (metaphorically speaking).

Here's another great example of how we can be "peculiar": Click here .

So, what are you doing to be "blood in the dried veins of society?"

By the way, I am a big fan of titles that have nothing to do with the actual content.

No comments:

Post a Comment