Friday, March 14, 2008

Free Rice

No, not for you. For hungry people.
Leslie Barr made my day at session last night when she told me I'd gotten her hooked on the "Free Rice" game.

If you haven't seen the free rice game, check it out
here

For every definition you get right, 20 grains of rice are donated to feed the hungry through the UN World Food Program.

Leslie beat my high score: She got up to 43.

What's your best?

(No cheating by looking up words on the internet while you play!!! That would be envy, and probably gluttony somehow).

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Scott! I feel so adroit. I have never commented on a blog before--something new! I am sad that the sin series is over. Did we ever hear about anger? Not that I am angry, just wondering....
    See you Sunday!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think we only had time for 6 deadly sins. Anger got left off. Did you notice the Vatican added 7 new deadly sins? Using birth control is now on the list. I told Chuck he could take that one on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the rice game--Leslie is right. It's totally addictive. I did get up to a 46.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete