Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Family Values

We kind of got away from the Family Values series a little.
Life sort of intervened.

But here's a little video that says more than 1,000 words could.

Take a look at the video.


Is the person you are at home, totally different from the person you are on Sunday?
Worship doesn't happen on Sunday mornings. It happens all day every day.
If worship only happens for you on Sunday morning, then its probably not really happening on Sunday morning either.

The guy in this video reminds me of Amos 5:21-24. Look it up.

3 comments:

  1. Word. I totally smile more at home than I do at church... I need to be more consistent. (kind of an inside joke)
    Seriously though. Isn't it scary how can we can lie to ourselves, others, and God about who we are? I think when our worship doesn't translate to the rest of our week, it makes it worse.
    Plus: wouldn't it be cool if communities of worship had enough grace in them that people didn't feel like they had to look like something else in order to participate? I wonder how church leaders might be able to help facilitate a change in such an area...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what to say except that I'm glad I watched that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the other hand, isn't it great that you can have a crappy morning/week and then go to church and forget it? It makes me happy to see friends church. But I guess that's different than acting happy at church. Is that what the video is saying not to do? Or is it more - "Don't be a jerk"?

    p.s. It is interesting how the dad being all grumpy caused a domino effect of jerkiness. Way to go dad.

    ReplyDelete